Monday 18 May 2009

Little Miss Can't Be Wrong

Yesterday I rearranged our bedroom...for the first time in about 6 years... apparently there is more than one place you can put a bed in a mishapen shoe box - who knew?!!?

I might have got a little stroppy about it at one point and suppressed a little cry when it looked like it was going badly and things would not fit where I wanted them to but the curly one (yes, I've reverted) came to the rescue with non commital responses to my irrate ranting and irritatingly wise suggestions... and begrudgingly I had to admit that he was right... and now it looks all pretty and has a strangely serene feeling about it - excellent place for being all hippified and shit!

I've also been working hard on the hellmouth's website - getting my head around Dreamweaver after only 2 hour's training, (most of which was spent trying to remember the username and password so I could use the FTP gizmo to make the website accessible to the public) and a bit of self taught HTML is harder than one might imagine... amazingly though my boss seems to be quite understanding about this (I think I might have blinded him with science) and has accepted that I need time and space to make this shit happen... also it'll be saving him money because he won't have to pay fees to outside agents if it can all be done in house....

Of course what he doesn't realise is that by doing this, I am making myself completely indispensible to the company and gaining a shag load of transferrable skills, which I will use to my advantage when I quit and offer my services back to the company at extortionate consultancy rates!!!! (Or you know, just get a better job)

The poetry thing seems to be going pretty well too, starting to build up a following of poets and writers who are all vastly more accomplished than I, so my ego might be swelling just a little bit...I've started having a note pad and pen with me all the time to jot down any momentary flashes of inspiration and in the last 2 days Bob has referred to me as both pretentious and pompous... I think I might be being a bit of an arsehole about the whole thing.... maybe I should reign in my enthusiasm a little before I get ball achingly dull and prickish about how awesome I am and my husband starts lamenting the days when I just talked shit on a blog and didn't own a theasaurus.

That said, it is affording me an odd kind of peace... it's been too long since I've been so prolifically creative and being able to express any little thought in my head in a public forum without fear of reprisal because my poetry is so vague is really incredibly therapeutic so it is quite difficult to contain my enthusiasm at the moment... I'm sure it will wear off eventually and I can go back to being acerbic and bitter and more tolerable to other people!

Until then... please enjoy this in my place...


3 comments:

Ben said...

Spin Doctors, isn't it?

The Pixie said...

Yeah it is - one day I will put something really obscure down and your point gaining streak will come to an end, Mr Brooks ... oh yes it will

Marianne said...

I want that t-shirt.

I haz basic html skillz, but they needs honing. Plus, I've got The King of Tech Support at home, so I don't need to.