Tuesday 13 January 2009

Sending Out The Pixie Love

Alternative Title: A present for my friends

Yeah, yeah, so blog updates have not been that frequent and the warlock has ceased the levelling frenzy and slowed down to a respectable level 77 when she got her hands on a most excellent flying carpet which has been used to date to mark her global territory as she flies around spraying her cute but evil pink filth everywhere in an attempt to get the title 'Explorer' after her name... but there is a good reason for this...

I've been getting my tv on...

I have been watching the first season of True Blood which may be the best thing I have seen for some time... it's a bit like Buffy if it was made for grown ups and set in a back water hick riddled town in Louisiana with lots of swearing and nasty fucking! (and the occasional Creole accent)... so all the things I love then.. (including allowing me to reminisce about how much I love Gambit from the X men) let's be honest!

It also has the best opening credits of any show I have ever seen ever and possibly a theme tune to rival the much lamented Firefly (damn you Fox network)...don't get me wrong, it is not the sort of music that I normally enjoy, but they do have both types of music...that's right, both Country AND Western!

I have also been watching No Heroics ... a Bristish Sitcom (thanks for the find Fuzz) about rubbish Super heroes and how rubbish they are... it's very funny.

Amongst all this tv watching I have also found time to celebrate the Curly One's birthday in true drunken vomit filled fashion... thanks boys... good times had by all I think!

This weekend I am heading down to deepest darkest Devon to spend some much overdue time with my very bestest friend in the whole wide world and her family... lovely break in the middle of nowhere ahead me thinks... yey!

Following weekend is ma Birfday... where I will creep ever closer to 30, becoming slowly less attractive to the opposite sex, not realising any of my dreams and looking forward to a life of pushing out mistreated sprogs and forcing myself to become domesticated (hell I'm barely even house trained at the moment)... so that's nice!

My getting older will however be some what jollied up by the anticipated arrival of the Folkestone based possie who will help me drown my sorrows in a heady mix of alcohol and gaming... which I am really looking forward to!

Actually...come to think of it... couple of weeks of nice stuff occurring...may be I should just stop being so fucking miserable...or at the very least add another shot to my nightly vodka habit!

So - go check out these awesome tv shows, they are my gifts to you my lovelies...if you don't enjoy them, well that's just fine... you are entitled to your opinion and I will fight to the death for your right to hold it... even if you are wrong!

Pixie Out

1 comments:

Marianne said...

Yay for birthday shenanigans!

Woop!