Thursday 29 January 2009

WOW and other useful acronyms

Alternative Title: The Culmination of the Spread of Evil Pink Filth

So the Warlock has finished her Global Tour spreading her evil pink filth as she goes, has run her Magnificent (and yes it is truly magnificent) flying carpet ragged ( oh the punnery!) and has earned herself the title 'The Explorer'... this made me happy but also means that I have had to turn my attentions once again to actual factual questing and game playing... which by the way, is apparently awesome!... I was a little sceptical having devoted so much time (read: about 2 hours) to exploring the entire globe that I would be able to get the same sense of achievement from regular game play... oh how very wrong I was...

In the space of a couple of hours I had an emotional rollercoaster ride comparable to nothing I have experienced in this game before - due to the wonderful quest layering system adopted in the latest expansion I was able to sit on a tower mounted cannon and shoot big skeletal dragons with bigger bombs at the start of a quest chain that culminated in me helping to create a whole new town on my map complete with mail box, friendly dragon flight path and sleeping bloke in an inn ... the town wasn't there before I did this quest chain... and now it is... genius!!!! This made me very happy... I felt like one of those people who goes to Africa and helps build towns and comes away with an amazing sense of achievement... only without the actually having helped anyone real part...

I then went on a round the world trip trying to save the life of a guy who was dying of Scourge plague and would, upon death, become a horrible mindless drooling drone (a bit like my boss...oh the punnery is relentless... I'm here all week, try the veal) only to discover that when I finally managed to get to the bit where I found someone who could actually save him (the weird alien angel thing) he still died... but his mortal soul was saved from becoming my boss.... this may be the most tragic and heart breaking quest chain I've ever done... I was exhausted by the end of my couple of hour session...

Of course the long emotional talk I had with my better half may also have had something to do with my exhaustion levels...but I'm still blaming it on the gaming.

Best bit of gaming I have done in some time... thank you Blizzard and your genius Devs.

NB: I lied about the other useful acronyms... there aren't any... feel free to make up your own though... I'd hate to stand in the way of creativity!

0 comments: