Thursday 2 October 2008

An absence of colour does not an Emo make

After much musing (read: a brief conversation about the lovely Mr Ben's blog with our mutual friend, Terribly Efficient Matt {also a recent blogger}) I decided to jump on the blogging band wagon in a smokey cloud of self indulgent pretention and radom acts of geekery...

Ok... so this is my first post ... and I have a lot to say.

About nothing.

But you're damn well going to pay attention anyway because you are bored at work, or you are my friend and I cried at you to read my blog to give my life some sense of meaning in the modern age.

Mostly because you are bored at work.

I just wanted to justify my use of the style of page I chose...

It is black...and a little moody... and many of you out there in the ethernet may have come here thinking this was some kind of 'suicide girls' site or a vampire lovers site where I would go on about the pain of eternal living or have lots of pictures of me wearing not a great deal and looking like I am about to eat your soul....

Sorry to disappoint.

I chose black because I thought it looked quite stylish and I still can't get my head around anything more complicated than basic HTML to make my page look any different than the templates they gave me.

So there.

I am not an emo... I am just inept.

Sadly for you dear reader, this page is likely just to cover the neurotic ramblings of a woman in her late 20s who still hasn't acheived a damn thing in her life, save a worthless degree, an unhealthy penchant for all things geeky and unsuitable for nice girls to enjoy and a marriage to a wonderful and talented but mind bogglingly self effacing artist.

Basically it is just self indulgent anger management in an attempt to lessen the burden on my marriage.

0 comments: