Monday 12 October 2009

Accentuate the positive

Positive things I have done this week:

* Had my hair cut and dyed... it's shorter than it was and has a slightly bull dykie feel to it (though people are using the phrase pixie like)... but it does have some rather fetching bright red streaks in the fringe... I like it but it will take a little getting used to

* I have re-written some government documentation on child protection and will be helping to deliver a training course to various health and social care professionals on this subject on Thursday

* I have written a lot of self therapeutic indulgent poetry (which people seem to like)

* I watched Titus last night, the adaptation of Shakespeare's early, lesser known and vastly more gruesome plays, Titus Andronicus... it was very good... if a little tragic... but then it would be, it's a tragedy!

* I have been chatting to friends and family and keeping in touch

* I have taken the dog for a walk across fields with the most stunning views and thought to myself "why would anyone want to be anywhere else"

Less positive things I have done this week:

* I have moped... a lot

* I have drunk a lot of wine and smoked a lot of cigarettes

* I have been unable to make any decisions regarding work or study

But still all early days yet... can't expect a miracle over night, I guess... but fuck me this shit is hard!

Pixie out

0 comments: