Monday 10 November 2008

GAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!

On a side note:

I know I've blogged already today but I needed to rant about this....

How can organisations that specifically say and have a long rambling policy about how they don't discriminate against people with disabilities, at the very bottom of their job descriptions state that the applicant must be a driver with their own car?!?!?!

Hmmm?... answer me that... how is that not discriminating against me and my brain buggering?!?!

I have epilepsy... I nicely tick their token cripple box and get their ratings up for their anti discriminatory policy and do not require them to drastically alter their working arrangements or state of their premises... I just can't drive a damn car.

Apparently my ability to work with terminally ill children or mentally unstable children is decided entirely upon whether or not I can drive a fucking car...

So to summarise....

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Marianne said...

Of course! If you can't drive that must mean that you're going to stab forks into their faces. Obviously.

Ben said...

You could could always get your chums to teach you to drive...

Laura can teach you how to drive everywhere like your hair's on fire.

Matt can teach you how to drive efficiently, and get good mileage.

Dom, incurable Frenchman that he is, can teach you how to reverse at great speed.

And I can teach you how to appear sober the morning after a hard night's forgettin'.

The Pixie said...

It's not the ability to drive that is the issue... it's the enormous illegality and potential death of allowing an epileptic loose behind the wheel that is the problem

Ben said...

Oh, that. That'll be fine, just Tipp-ex out the bit on your drivers licence that says "epileptic", and write "mostly harmless" instead.