Wednesday 25 March 2009

Sigh

Alternative Title: Meh

Yesterday was a rubbish day... and now in my new found self indulgent emo fashion, I'm going to write about it here and you are going to read it... because that is what the blogging forum is for...so there.

10.10 am - Smear test - undignified and uncomfortable - I know most of the people who read this are men and will therefore never be subjected to the indignity that is the internal examination - at least until the time comes for the prostate exam (which is probably worse than a smear - but largely reserved for the elderly gentleman so none of my readers are likely to have experienced it) but being told to 'just relax' whilst lying semi naked on a couch with your legs splayed while someone shoves a large, cold, unlubricated, metal phallus up your most delicate of delicates, widens it and then scrapes your internal walls with bits of plastic is not the most enjoyable of experiences - This is a speculum by the way - lovely looking little bit of torture equipment don't you think?!?!

10.30 am - Waiting in doctor's waiting room for epilepsy check up - I hate doctor's surgeries, even more so since I worked in one and know what goes on in these terrible hives of disease and time wastery - I had to wait for ages because the person before me was an elderly chap who had trouble walking and was in there for at least half an hour more than his appointment time permitted, probably boring the doctor with utter hyperchondria and stories of his old war injury - I remember those people - they like to bore receptionists as well - and complain bitterly when they are the ones kept waiting - oh the injustice

12.00 pm - Phone call offering me that job as predicted - I turn it down - (not so) curly one feels guilty about it - I feel bad that he feels bad - ain't love grand?!?!

0 comments: